Linux??

computer related, need help with your computer, programs, anti-virus, patches, firewalls, networking, want to know how to do it, or would like to help??

Moderator: MiniNart

yggdrasil
IT Entrepreneur
IT Entrepreneur

Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:17 am

I had ubuntu installed for about 6 months using as my main operationg system it wasnt untill i wanted to play some games that it wasnt so good but for every thing else it dose it, and all is legaly free, thinking about it i might go back to it as i found in enjoyable to use and easy to, with so many features finding a new one each day still with so much more to discover,

Its not only for advanced computer users as linux kinda is made out to be but ubuntu is very user friendly now days dell gives u a option to buy ur pc of them either pre loaded with ubuntu or Windows so it has become great.

the real reson now computer companys or business install it on computers for the user is because it works to well, the problem with that? a computer business makes its money out of repairs and if the computer dosnt fucj up and need fixing the business wouldnt make money at all.

WB

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:52 pm

I use linux on a server SUSE to be exact and redhat 9 server before that.

Although now im also running windows 2003 server which i find a tad better than the linux servers (but you would expect it to be cause it cost way more dough)

as a workstation/pc its perfect and comes with open office, Ubantu or fedora are both great for the home pc.

for those who want to get an idea of what linux is like as opposed to windows its pretty much more like MAC OSX

i still run windows on my pcs and laptops because in business i need something that can integrate with the office easy and i cant be limited in the software i want to run.

linux can be limited although you can run it dual boot as has been said.

give it a go and upset bill gates :lol: