Welcome to the computer corner!!!

computer related, need help with your computer, programs, anti-virus, patches, firewalls, networking, want to know how to do it, or would like to help??

Moderator: MiniNart

ShitShitShit
Freelance Gynocologyst

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Jefnon
Banana Mon Supreme

Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:35 pm

OK my 2 cents tho it prob not worth 2 cents....

When I first started with computers it was MBasic...... then was away from them for some time....Then when I bought my first PC it had win98 on it,soooo learned windows...... went from there to winXP mainly as Mininart said the simplicity of it (or was that Sardoggie that said it first) but anyway.....wanted to learn Mac But I have to go buy a completely dif computer.....can't afford that right now.......OK how bout Learning Linux....well tried Xandros...kinda like windows but the file system completely dif than windows and was hard for the windows mind to fig out how to move around in the file system and don't even get me to try the OTHER linuxes......Seem greek from what I read when others are talking bout it...... So basically a mind that grew up on Windows tends to lean towards that which is the least complicated to work......... even with all it's pain in the arse error.......and virus vulnerabilities.......ok so maybe it was 4 cents worth..... :mrgreen:
:cool: :dbanana:
:bdevil:

psychobabble
*`RESIDENT BAB[e]`*

Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:32 pm

simplicity, user friendly...etc...exactly jefnon...

maybe I am a contradiction in not being all that interested in learning different operating systems..I honestly don't care...I like what I know..which is why I said something about people in general not liking change....

I might in many situations fall into that category....I've been fucking around with windows since 93...I feel in general I have a feel for it....

Now if we dig deeper into other people, belive it or not it never ceases to amaze me how many people sitll to this day have NO clue about computers...and to learn on?..I would never recommend anything other than windows....

of course I'd be saying fuck vista, you need to start with xp....and why?..because I have the ability to teach xp and show people what to do...vista isn't complicated..it's just a pain in the ass to figure out and make work with other shit....

I think Microsoft got over thier own heads, I think when they put this out with the need for every other software to be at it's most highest technical point they were thinking money and instant gratification....I think it's too much to ask of the world yet...it would cost thousands of dollars to make it all work together....but as I said I think that was the aim....as is the US way...money, bigger, better....

and shitshitshit..honestly...yes..your mother did drugs..mine was completely sober though and took herbs and excersized...it has not made me less insane....

LOL
What the hell is "well-adjusted" even supposed to mean? It sounds like you're some reclining chair on an airplane. ~ random funny internet stranger.

MiniNart
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:50 am

we still use it, so get over yourself, coem up with an OS of yourself and show us.
but microsoft would probley steal it from you so not worth it
we could all just use X...
fuck that off
it is possibl to have 99% of your computer time not being pissed off at windows, just gotta do it right, and have money, and a lil know how. so be patient my lil apprentice and may the force be with you

sardog
::: Admin Consigliere :::
:::  Admin Consigliere :::

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:19 am

PaulNZ
Running The Place
Running The Place

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:51 am

Ok team, talk to me gently. I am a puta thicky so I would appreciate any tech talk to be delivered "slowly" for my slow brain to try and work out what we are talking about.

My Sony Ericsson Vodafone cell phone takes piccy's. I can look at the piccy's on said phone, e-mail them to my puta and view them there on a picture viewing thingy.

If I want to post one of those piccy's on NWF, it tells me it cannot allow that extension. It's only a 1.3 mega pixel camera so the shots aren't exactly massive in size.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated for this frustrated photographer come puta thicky :oops:

Ta
Can you smell almonds?

psychobabble
*`RESIDENT BAB[e]`*

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:59 am

what is the extension?? ie picturename.jpg or .gif or .bmp ?

then you must have a host...such as photobucket, etc...

http://photobucket.com/

you create an account there, upload the photo from your computer and you will have a code surrounded by

[img]blahblahblahcodey[/img]

OR I believe you can upload it here, under gallery, to your personal gallery and will work too with the taggies

I have my own site so I never have to worry about that part of it

paste that into here with your message and TAADA!
What the hell is "well-adjusted" even supposed to mean? It sounds like you're some reclining chair on an airplane. ~ random funny internet stranger.

ShitShitShit
Freelance Gynocologyst

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:05 am

PaulNZ
Running The Place
Running The Place

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:02 pm

"Your lips move but I can't hear what your saying"!!

Thanks PB, I'll play around with it until it happens!

I'm so thick at this :roll:
Can you smell almonds?

Return to “((-=> Computer Corner <=-))”